We recognise the important role that visitors have while you are in hospital and welcome visitors between 11am - 1.30pm and 4pm -8pm each day.
As a visitor to Lakes DHB health services we ask that you:
- Treat all others with respect, courtesy and consideration
- Comply with instructions from staff at all times to ensure patients, visitors and staff are kept safe
- Respect the need for patients to have sufficient time for recovery by keeping to our visiting hours of
11am -1.30pm and 4pm - 8pm
- A support person can be with the patient at other times as arranged with the staff
- Ensure all children under 14 years visiting the hospital must be supervised by an adult for their own and others’ safety
- Ensure you are free from infection to avoid passing on the infection to patietns
- Only use cell phones outside clinical areas
- Patients and support people - please turn off your cell phones between the hours of 8pm and 7am so patients may rest undisturbed
- Respect that Lakes DHB is a smokefree site. If you would like help to stop smoking either as a patient or visitor, please ask to be referred to the smokefree co-ordinator
- Respect that gang patches and paraphernalia are not permitted on any Lakes DHB site
- Respect that people in possession of or under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol will be required to leave the premises unless urgent medical care is required
- Please treat the DHB’s facilities and equipment with care
The Lakes DHB statement of rights and responsibilities for patients and visitors is available by clicking here.