Feedback Informed Treatment
What is Feedback Informed Treatment?
FIT is a tool that monitors whaiora’s progress and elicits feedback and active participation to inform and tailor their treatment and person-centred goals.
The approach involves routinely and formally soliciting feedback from whaiora about:
- The process of therapy
- The working relationship
- Therapeutic alliance with the clinician
- The whaiora’s overall wellbeing
FIT is currently being implemented in the following services:
- Primary Mental Health Intervention Service (PRIMHIS)
- Infant, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (iCAMHS)
- Community Mental Health Acute Team
- Whare Whakaue Inpatient Unit
There is a plan to eventually roll Feedback Informed Treatment across the whole service.
Whare Whakaue is the first acute unit worldwide to start the implementation of FIT.